The Beginning of My Selfish Seamstress-ness

Yes, I made something for me again! This is my TNT Simplicity 3835 (view C): the Built by Wendy pattern that everybody made and loved a few years ago. This is the 4th time I've made this up and I love it still. It's fast, easy and fits! I wanted to make something yesterday and found myself somewhat paralized by my new freedom. What was I going to sew?! I'm pooped out on bras, panties, and other lingerie and I really need some tops for Summer. I was digging through my plethora of patterns and came across this one and it's about as close to instant gratification sewing as you can get. I found some coral seersucker in my stash and away we went. It's so nice and light and perfect for the warm weather we've been having. I did make adjustments to the pattern the last time I made this in the way of FBA and increasing sleeve width. The first two time I made it straight and added width to the center front and back seam. I like the FBA better though because it gives a better fit. I did pivot the center front hem away from the fold about 1 1/2" to add more room for my tummy. I don't know if that makes sense now that I re-read that....sorry! Oh, I don't sew a back seam like it instructs either. I cut the back on the fold and that extra gives more room for mah booty.

Up next I think I might make this:
This one is McCall's 5640 and it looks comfy. The style is pretty similar so I'm hoping it'll look good on. I'll just need to decide if I want a top or dress!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have been sewing...really!

New bra!

Radio Silence